Thread: Soft Machine - Wednesday October 2, Rainbow Bistro, Ottawa Ontario

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar

Soft Machine - Wednesday October 2, Rainbow Bistro, Ottawa Ontario

I saw Soft Machine in Ottawa last night. There are no original members but the lead guitarist John Etheridge, has been with the band since 1975. i. I I paid $20 U.S. to see show. Theo Travis on Wind instruments. Asaf Sirkis is the drummer and Fred Thelonious Baker is the bass players. They are all spectacular musicians and have played with the who's who of seminal bands.

Soft Machine were very relaxed and John spoke with the audience with ease. His playing was original and powerful. Theo was a treat and an amazing musician. Asaft is an excellent drummer and Fred on fretless bass was on point.

Ottawa is often bypassed for this type of show. It was the best $20 I have ever spent. They played new and classic material. I was sitting right above the stage. It was an excellent night of entertainment. If the band is coming near you, I highly recommend seeing them.

4/5 stars.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 10 Hours Ago at 09:19 PM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Really enjoyed the band at the Iron Horse last Thursday.

Thanks for the head's up. Hopefully they'll make it out to Seattle. I fondly remember the Berkeley show from 2019 (RIP John Marshall).
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Sounds wonderful. I was raving about an early Soft Machine album on FaceBook a while ago and a friend of mine went on a voyage of discovery as a result, culminating in him seeing them on this tour in London. Obviously there were no members in common between then and now, but he was absolutely blown away by the performance. I was miffed because I was away and couldn't make the gig.