Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118
Results 2,926 to 2,945 of 2945

Thread: Recommend The Best Current Italian Prog

The new Alphataurus studio album has been announced - 2084. Viaggio nel nulla (on AMS Records both on LP and CD). Coming October the 4th:

Alphataurus.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dunamis View Post
    The new Alphataurus studio album has been announced - 2084. Viaggio nel nulla (on AMS Records both on LP and CD). Coming October the 4th:

Alphataurus.jpg
    Hey, thanks, that is exciting news. Added to my boner pile ☺
    And will l wait forever beside the silent mirror and fish for bitter minnows amongst the weeds and slimy water?

No Bandcamp yet, but there's a video-teaser of Urban Vision, a solo-album by Nicola Lori. I know his work for Stefano Panunzi and Fjieri on which he plays guitar but also bass (in a style familiar with Mick Karn's).

With references to Porcupine Tree, No-Man, Jansen Barbieri Karn, David Sylvian, and King Crimson, the tracks of 'Urban Vision' flow between progressive, art rock, and alternative rock.

In his solo debut, Lori is joined by an ensemble featuring GRICE, Robert Aceto (David Sylvian, The Heads, Tom Tom Club, Jansen Barbieri Karn); Andrea Chimenti; Cristiano Roversi; Colin Edwin (ex-Porcupine Tree, O.R.k.); Luca Calabrese (Richard Barbieri); Nicola Alesini (Claudio Lolli); Danilo Cherni (Antonello Venditti, Goblin Rebirth); Giacomo Anselmi (Goblin Rebirth); Stefano Panunzi (Fijeri) and Angelo Strizzi (Fjieri).

Aether with a new release. I loved their debut from last year and this one sounds just as good, upon the first spin (on Bandcamp, mind you, so not really a spin):

An Aliante spin off

Not sure if they count as current but the last Logos album (not the compilation of the fist two) is better than most 70s Italian prog albums I've heard. A total masterpiece imo.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Not sure if they count as current but the last Logos album (not the compilation of the fist two) is better than most 70s Italian prog albums I've heard. A total masterpiece imo.
    Speaking of not current but new to me is "2973 Le Nemica Dei Ricordi", by an ltaiian band called Spettri (Spectres). They recorded their 1st album in 1972 but it didn't see release until 2011. Apparently they were so into the follow-up that they were unable to record in 1973 they reconvened in 2015 with all of the original members, using the same instruments, and recorded this 'sequel', totally analog, as they say they would have done in 1973.
    And l won't risk being spanked by calling it a modern prog classic, but it certainly is one to me.
    And will l wait forever beside the silent mirror and fish for bitter minnows amongst the weeds and slimy water?

New album by Banco (an OST)

Rerecorded first album by Odessa

If I understood correctly, this Banco OST has never been released before, although recorded already in 1981. And as the record label (AMS) tells us "along with others made by the group that never saw the light of day". So some more coming?

Tale Cue and La Torre dell'Alchimista (Yeahh!!) are still working on new albums!!!

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    No Bandcamp yet, but there's a video-teaser of Urban Vision, a solo-album by Nicola Lori. I know his work for Stefano Panunzi and Fjieri on which he plays guitar but also bass (in a style familiar with Mick Karn's).

The album can be pro-ordered from Burning Shed: https://burningshed.com/nicola-lori_urban-vision_cd
    I guess Bandcamp will follow soon.

If I understood correctly, this Banco OST has never been released before, although recorded already in 1981. And as the record label (AMS) tells us "along with others made by the group that never saw the light of day". So some more coming?
    Hopefully, that would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    Speaking of not current but new to me is "2973 Le Nemica Dei Ricordi", by an ltaiian band called Spettri (Spectres). They recorded their 1st album in 1972 but it didn't see release until 2011. Apparently they were so into the follow-up that they were unable to record in 1973 they reconvened in 2015 with all of the original members, using the same instruments, and recorded this 'sequel', totally analog, as they say they would have done in 1973.
    And l won't risk being spanked by calling it a modern prog classic, but it certainly is one to me.
    I like this album a lot. They where working on another one, but one of the members died....

I'm confused. I have this album already. I downloaded the FLAC files of "Greggio e Pericoloso" from Bandcamp last year. It looks like a legitimate release. Is AMS referring specifically to a physical CD release?

Quote Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
    I'm confused. I have this album already. I downloaded the FLAC files of "Greggio e Pericoloso" from Bandcamp last year. It looks like a legitimate release. Is AMS referring specifically to a physical CD release?
    Probably. They write: "UNRELEASED SOUNDTRACK OF BANCO DEL MUTUO SOCCORSO FROM 1981 PUBLISHED FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN PHYSICAL FORMAT!" On LP and CD.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    I like this album a lot. They where working on another one, but one of the members died....
    Yes l read that too, l think he passed last year. The new one was supposed to be yet another part of the story in the first two. '2973' was quite an accomplishment though. That album smokes.

Tale Cue and La Torre dell'Alchimista (Yeahh!!) are still working on new albums!!!
    Wow, Tale Cue are still around? I'd be interested to hear what they are up to.

Alright!