Page 84 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2249

Thread: King Crimson News

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    ^^Pretty nice!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Having a guy who can play like Fripp and sing like Wetton -- super. (Jonathan Casey - lead vocals and guitar: https://www.davidcrossband.com/index.php/the-band)
    What we feel we have to solve is why the dregs have not dissolved.

You have not heard anything like Vostok Lake, nor do you know anyone who has.

The David Cross Band has a new album on the way:

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/...MzT1BMYi6_TyPs
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Another version of Starless?
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

^ Ah, that’s ok. There’s going to be a lot of great music on this album. Really looking forward to it.

I liked the video clip of the David Cross band you posted. Also, cool album cover.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I was at the 1984 show in Montreal. It was an open air show on the Island in Montreal. I went with a girl from Montreal I was dating. The show was very memorable. I have so much Crim I don't know if I'll buy this, maybe.

The KCCC lives!
    And dies, this being the final release. It's Schrödinger's KCCC.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Well I would have liked a completely unreleased show from the 84 tour, but its nice to see that tour be included in this series.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

also, is it known if this will get a widespread release or just be available through the DGM shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Schrodinger Defeated.jpg
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I was at the 1984 show in Montreal. It was an open air show on the Island in Montreal. I went with a girl from Montreal I was dating. The show was very memorable. I have so much Crim I don't know if I'll buy this, maybe.
    I think it's the video footage from Levin that seals the deal for me. The '84 shows, from what I can gather, didn't offer much in terms of variety, so I'm not sure what will be here that isn't already on Absent Lovers or the concert that was filmed in Japan, but I'm hopeful that there will be a few surprises.

Come on, man. You know you're going to get it.

I default to the box sets over the KCCC releases nowadays for most of the band's periods. The exception? The '80s. The KCCC releases still top everything included in the weirdly small-ish On and Off the Road set. In particular, the '82 shows are KCCC releases I return to with great frequency. The Berkeley and Philly shows are both spectacular. (I think I'll have to spin one of them tonight!)

In some respects, then, I'm sad to see the KCCC conclude even if I don't dig those releases out as often as I used to. This release feels like a worthy note on which to conclude.

Fun fact? I still have the original subscription confirmation letter from Possible Productions that I received in '96 or '97 when the releases started.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    also, is it known if this will get a widespread release or just be available through the DGM shop?
    Have any of the KCCCs been released outside of DGM?

^^^ - Polmico - RE - The new 84 CD set from Montreal - - I'll likely get it - can't stop!!

I think it's the video footage from Levin that seals the deal for me. The '84 shows, from what I can gather, didn't offer much in terms of variety, so I'm not sure what will be here that isn't already on Absent Lovers or the concert that was filmed in Japan, but I'm hopeful that there will be a few surprises.

I default to the box sets over the KCCC releases nowadays for most of the band's periods. The exception? The '80s. The KCCC releases still top everything included in the weirdly small-ish On and Off the Road set. In particular, the '82 shows are KCCC releases I return to with great frequency. The Berkeley and Philly shows are both spectacular. (I think I'll have to spin one of them tonight!)

In some respects, then, I'm sad to see the KCCC conclude even if I don't dig those releases out as often as I used to. This release feels like a worthy note on which to conclude.

Fun fact? I still have the original subscription confirmation letter from Possible Productions that I received in '96 or '97 when the releases started.

Yes. A few are available on amazon/wayside/etc and my local store used to carry a handful back when it existed. But it was a random draw it seemed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Yes. A few are available on amazon/wayside/etc and my local store used to carry a handful back when it existed. But it was a random draw it seemed.
    Those are generally the twofer repackagings that were released for the Japanese market.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    How did they fit two full shows on one CD? Or are there two CDs?

Those are generally the twofer repackagings that were released for the Japanese market.
    Definitely not the ones at my local store. I bought four or five there, all individual shows. I feel like I didn't buy the more recent one or two from DGM either.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    How did they fit two full shows on one CD? Or are there two CDs?
    Seems they did not.

track listing came out today and it looks very much like a disappointment on the audio front.

I purchased Volume 1 (Mainz/Asbury Park) in a record shop some years ago. It's currently available on Burning Shed.

Recent interview with Fripp regarding Sylvian/Fripp:

https://biffbampop.com/2023/12/19/ex...RFy8WBjgaKiTnE

When asked about a possible Sylvian/Fripp box, Fripp’s response:

“Robert Fripp: I think it’s possible. But there’s clearly not as much material.”

Thanks for the link. I hope you don't mind I posted it on the Japan/Sylvian-forum (still active, but with very little imput these days): https://www.japansylvian.com/forum/