Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New fan of NEKTAR, but with a few questions?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I saw them last Sunday night, and I thought the lyrics to the title track were atrocious. And the anthemic chant on that chorus struck me as way out of character. YMMV.
    It takes a bit of getting used to admittedly, esp if that was your first listen but trust me, I have been travelling with them and the new album is going over extremely well every night.

That title track, Mission to Mars, has a great 4 minute plus instrumental at the end if you hang in, and the other 3 tracks are a lot more traditional Nektar, albeit with a lot more keyboards as Kendall Scott really flashes his chops on the new record

Mo Moore told me this feels like the band he always wanted, they are very proud of the new music and love playing it

Loved the Beachland, hope to revisit it sometime

E

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Sampaio Barbosa View Post

Mission To Mars "2024' is a very short album, like from the vinyl era, but the songs are strong, a bunch of keyboard/synth layers, nice riffs, solos and moods. Well produced, recorded and mixed. If you liked "The Other Side" will like it.
    I agree with most everything you've posted here but I think on this point Mission is a very different band, I like it even better than The Other Side

Having heard the demos from 78 most of ToS was already written then, Mission more represents where these guys are today, and there is a much greater keyboard presence as Kendall Scott really steps forward and shines
    Last edited by Eddie Y; 1 Week Ago at 08:21 PM.

^ The show in general was excellent. I was just taken aback by the title track for MtM.

Pretty good set list, hope they eventually come to the west coast USA

King of Twilight

Skywriter

Mission to Mars

Long Lost Sunday

São Paulo Sunrise

Costa del Sol

Marvellous Moses

Drifting

One Day Hi One Day Lo

I'll Let You In

Remember the Future, Part 1

Show Me the Way

Good Day

June 11, Irving Theater Indianapolis, IN

Really wish they were playing "Tab."
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"