Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Porcupine Tree - Octane Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel3 View Post
    I gotta say...I am really enjoying this after playing it into the ground (and almost as much as Led Zep's new one) the past couple of days. I hope these guys stick together, take their well-deserved break from one another, and come back with a new sound/direction for the band. Given SW's excellent solo output (and absolutely killer band), this may seem impossible, but let's give it a year. I'll bet than 12 months from today we'll be talking about the impending early 2014 release of the new PT album
    It seems to me that Steven is more pleased and interested to do his own stuff than work on a new PT album (and to me his last solo album is more interesting than The Incident BY FAR)...anyway fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    I just got the album...just awesome! Pristine recording as usual, great performance. I always thought that "The Incident" was a fairly weak studio effort, but this live revisit sheds a different light on it. And I always thought that PT was always better live anyway. This confirms it. And as I said on the old site, I still miss PT. And as much as I like Steven Wilson's solo efforts and band, I do hope that this release will not be PT's swan song, and that Wilson will go back in the next year or two.
    Well said, this mirrors how I feel. Got it (the double CD) today, and am really enjoying it.