Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Porcupine Tree - Octane Twisted

Porcupine Tree - Octane Twisted

In my e-mail this AM

The following items have been sent:

1 x Porcupine Tree - Octane Twisted (2CD + bonus DVD preorder)
    burning shed limited | 8 white lodge, hall road, norwich, nr4 6dg, united kingdom
    Tel: +44 (0) 1603 767726 | VAT No. 813 5829 24

www.burningshed.com

wow! I need to order a copy

Got that same email myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomview View Post
    Got that same email myself.
    I did too!

Just got the e-mail too! Cannot wait!
    "So...you seek understanding. Then listen to the music and not the song..." - Kosh

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun! proggrl's Avatar
    Got mine this morning too. Thanks for the reminder!!

I'm actually looking forward to this. I know that may not seem odd coming from me, but I haven't been looking forward to much in terms of SW-related material in a while. More of an ambivalent interest.
    The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Samples are up over at Amazon...oh boy, I am foaming at the mouth for this one!
    "So...you seek understanding. Then listen to the music and not the song..." - Kosh

Hmmm.. Didn't get my email! Harrumph.....
    "Where the light is brightest, the shadows are deepest"
    Goethe

I also got notice from Burning Shed that my order has shipped. I was beginning to wonder if I had actually pre-ordered this or only thought about doing it and never followed thru.

I've ordered, but haven't received my copy.

I got the same email today...good news....something to look forward to...

Andre

I just got the album...just awesome! Pristine recording as usual, great performance. I always thought that "The Incident" was a fairly weak studio effort, but this live revisit sheds a different light on it. And I always thought that PT was always better live anyway. This confirms it. And as I said on the old site, I still miss PT. And as much as I like Steven Wilson's solo efforts and band, I do hope that this release will not be PT's swan song, and that Wilson will go back in the next year or two.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Looking forward the arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    I do hope that this release will not be PT's swan song, and that Wilson will go back in the next year or two.
    I'm guessing this release is to serve as an announcement of "hey, guys, we're still here! There will be another PT album someday, honest!"

Just went through Disc 1...was decent but didn't add much to the studio cut (which i also find is good in its own right)...but, again, this solidifies in my mind though that SW is NOT a singer (his voice tends to crack/seems out of breath or of having a perpetual nasally Oasis-y cold live)...however he DID do a good job on Your Unpleasant Family - i was bracing myself to hear how he'd handle the falsetto bit and he nailed it.

IMO why not just drop the name Porcupine Tree (which although HAS become kind of iconic, is still, if you strip it away, a stupid name) and just go solo? ARGUABLY (key word) Barbieri's ambient approaches are cool but i feel they're programmed/dictated by SW and Edwin's bass parts are also written by him...it's a hired guns (almost everyone in his solo band) versus democratic situation i feel like...but who am i to say really? Just my two cents/who cares enough as long as the music keeps coming?

I got my email confirming the shipment. Did anyone get the deluxe with the DVD?

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex Carnage View Post
    this solidifies in my mind though that SW is NOT a singer
    Completely disagree.

Aside from his PT and solo stuff, I think he's outstanding on Hackett's new album.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

IMO why not just drop the name Porcupine Tree and just go solo?
    Hasn't he already done this over the last couple of years? He has another solo album coming out (his third) early next year with a tour to follow. If PT happens again the earliest it'll be is late 2013 or early 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    Hasn't he already done this over the last couple of years? He has another solo album coming out (his third) early next year with a tour to follow. If PT happens again the earliest it'll be is late 2013 or early 2014.
    What i was getting at was just condense the musicians he's been using into ONLY his solo career but again who cares/i'm not SW...and i still stand by him not being a good singer and throwing in being just an average guitarist...both of which i'm pretty sure he's mentioned/admitted in interviews...great, great songwriter/arranger though that's for sure.

Just went through Disc 1...was decent but didn't add much to the studio cut (which i also find is good in its own right)...but, again, this solidifies in my mind though that SW is NOT a singer (his voice tends to crack/seems out of breath or of having a perpetual nasally Oasis-y cold live)...
    Totally agree, this live is just decent but the weakest ever heard from PT, it's exactly the same as the studio album with a weaker singer. And for who says that he is outstanding, please let's not compare LIVE vs. STUDIO. In the studio I can make sing Tom Jones like Jon Anderson if I want....

I sense PT are done, even this live has not been promoted in their website like a proper NEW full blown release from a full working band. I think they've already splitted and they will tell us soon....just my 2 cents, of course.

Well, they may be done, but his voice has always sounded fine to me. You could do a LOT worse, I think, in this world of prog. Although not a virtuoso guitarist, he doesn't need to be, and I find his playing and solos tasteful and satisfying.

neil

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hollowdude View Post
    I got my email confirming the shipment. Did anyone get the deluxe with the DVD?
    I preordered the deluxe but I haven't got it yet. I did get the shipping email a few days ago.

Still no email. I was getting pissed off until the album itself arrived. Hurrah!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hollowdude View Post
    Did anyone get the deluxe with the DVD?
    Yes, I did! Its my bloody Christmas present though so I can't play with it!
    "Where the light is brightest, the shadows are deepest"
    Goethe

I am a fan of most of Steven work but i have to say The Incidente disappointed me for the most...i think there are few brillian moment on that record and the songwriting is just "tired" if you know what i mean...so Octane Twisted is the first work by porcupine tree i'm not blind buying

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    LOL. The Incident was the first P Tree album I liked in a long time. Never liked the pseudo-metal albums.