Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Inkenstein's (Superfly) Art

I think Boogsie is definitely a woman based on (her) stance. What say you, creator?

I really haven't found one single piece of your work that didn't give me some kind of stimulation (the gamut would be nausea to reverential zeal).
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Beautiful work, Will. Love the psychedelic feel of the background. Nice touch with the hazardous-materials briefcase.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Thanks guys.

I think Boogaloo is definitely male, at least the skeleton I referenced was, but the stance tells me he was well in touch with his feminine side. As for what's in the briefcase...it has been speculated on that it may contain: Lunch, Gwyneth Paltrows head, evidence of contaminated food products, or just old pairs of soiled under garments.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/rabidrenfro -My Life

I had originally finished this piece four years ago, I loved the concept but hated the color choices I'd made, so I abandoned it until last weekend where I spent time shading and generally darkening things up considerably. This one now has a nice proggy feel to it I think. Some day I WILL do more album covers, I feel it in my "Valley of Bones" 2.0

Valley2.jpg

ps...look at that, this thread has had over 3000 views now. Granted it's mostly Geez, Lou and I. Come on in kids...I take requests!
    Last edited by Superfly; 10-28-2014 at 06:56 PM.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

This must mean that there's only 3 people on PE who appreciate fine art.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I had originally finished this piece four years ago, I loved the concept but hated the color choices I'd made, so I abandoned it until last weekend where I spent time shading and generally darkening things up considerably. This one now has a nice proggy feel to it I think. Some day I WILL do more album covers, I feel it in my "Valley of Bones" 2.0

Valley2.jpg

ps...look at that, this thread has had over 3000 views now. Granted it's mostly Geez, Lou and I. Come on in kids...I take requests!
    Okay... what does love look like in your world?
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhael View Post
    Okay... what does love look like in your world?
    herbandangela2.jpg

Her beauty comes from inside.

That'll teach me to ever ask THAT question again...
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

Ok...that one was for fun...but clearly those two do love one another, at least, he loves her. This one has a very spiritual loving vibe to it, yet it rarely generates any interest from people...perhaps it's just too boring as shit, but I love the colors and the meditative aura in general.

meditation.jpg

Will,

I would love to see that piece (above) done as a black-light poster, like the kind on heavy-stock paper popular in the late 60s.
    Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Will,

I would love to see that piece (above) done as a black-light poster, like the kind on heavy-stock paper popular in the late 60s.
    "Far out, man. That's trippy!"

it is amazing...well done and good luck
    Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

No special projects under way, which is nice, it means I can focus on things like these:
    franksbakery2.jpgrizzo3.jpgeclipse1.jpg

All of these are 'works in progress', so I'm not sure where they'll go from here. Certainly "Franks Bakery" will get darker, Mister Maggots Neighborhood will be more colorful, and Eclipse will attract a great deal more detailed veining effects.
    Last edited by Superfly; 12-14-2014 at 05:59 PM.

I am totally loving watching the creative process as Mr. Maggot's Neighbourhood develops. I can't draw a circle, so I'm fascinated by those who have the talent to transport images from their brains onto paper.

You can be as humble as you like, but to me (& others I'm sure), you're f*****g colossally talented.

No special projects under way, which is nice, it means I can focus on things like these:
    franksbakery2.jpgrizzo3.jpgeclipse1.jpg

All of these are 'works in progress', so I'm not sure where they'll go from here. Certainly "Franks Bakery" will get darker, Mister Maggots Neighborhood will be more colorful, and Eclipse will attract a great deal more detailed veining effects.
    LOVE Eclipse!!!...color-scheme is hypnotic.

Howdy my cool cats. it's been a while since I've shared anything here but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy creating. In fact, I've been on a roll recently. Back at the turn of the year I decided to change directions a bit, put the 'horror' work behind me (at least for a while) and explore new artistic avenues and alley ways. Here are some of the resulting pieces. Left to right: Through the Trees, The Cosmonauts Dilemma, Dark Matter, Starfire, Spider Vein Sunrise. Enjoy!
    trees2.jpgblack hole2.jpgDarkmatter22.jpgstarfire2.jpgsunrise2.jpg

Great stuff, Will. Like, especially, "Through the Trees"; pretty spooky.
    Lou

"WE WANT SEVERED HEADS, WE WANT SEVERED HEADS!"

Seriously Wil, beautiful stuff indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    "WE WANT SEVERED HEADS, WE WANT SEVERED HEADS!"
    There's one in every crowd...and in this crowd, it's always the same one!

Ok...here's your severed head:
    billy.jpg

Fantastic!

There's one in every crowd...and in this crowd, it's always the same one!

Ok...here's your severed head:
    billy.jpg
    Serenity has now returned to my world.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Great stuff, Will. Like, especially, "Through the Trees"; pretty spooky.
    Thanks Lou. It's so simple, yet very effective I think. I've been getting a great reaction from people regarding the new work, especially amongst the 'acid-head' community over on face book. I'm just trying new approaches and seeing where it leads and so far, I'm pretty happy with the results.

Well, it's been since February since I darkened these halls last...here's some light from the brainbox: shaman6.jpg birdskull2.jpg fullmoon2.jpg biohazard2.jpg