Thread: Does anyone know what happened to mindawn.com?

Does anyone know what happened to mindawn.com?

I can't open it for several weeks.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I can ping it. Maybe it's out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginod View Post
    Is this its successor?
    http://www.therecordlabel.net/
    Not exactly. Mindawn is (was) their online shop for selling digital.

Send a PM to PE member "Paige".
    Regards,

Duncan

There was a catastrophic RAID failure I'm told, this is what Shawn said "The RAID5 was set up to handle a single HD failure with a hot swap, but 2 HD's went down at the same time. We've managed to sector copy a bad drive to the good hot swap with just a handful of errors, but are consulting a variety of RAID experts before we try to rebuild it in this configuration so that we can recover up to the minute data, it is taking longer than we hoped or expected because we really only have one shot, otherwise we have to fall back to older than desired data". So that is what I know, there is now a place holder web page set up just so people don't think there it has shut down.

Well, it's been many months now and the site is still down... no matter how catastrophic the failure, it should not take that long to fix. Even the placeholder is now gone... so I'm afraid the site is gone for good... Damn! I still had so many albums I wanted to buy from them... :-(

no it is not gone for good, but I'm glad to hear there is a RAID expert here that can help out. I don't know why the placeholder is gone, will check with Shawn, he might not be aware of it. From what I'm told, when they installed a new OS to support some new hardware, they hadn't secured it yet and has subsequently gotten hacked 3 times, which has lost a lot of time recovering. I believe they have all that about done so they can go back to the RAID recovery. Worst case it will be recovered from an old backup, they are just trying to not loose that history.

Well I'm done hoping - no failure cant take that long to recover. They probably went under and did not want to declare bankruptcy...
    It was good while it lasted, but Bandcamp is getting stronger every day and CD Baby have also started selling lossless downloads recently, so still plenty of music left to buy!

I've been waiting to see how long it would take Shawn and Paige to tell what really happened. It's a very interesting story.
    Quote Originally Posted by amatala View Post
    Well I'm done hoping - no failure cant take that long to recover. They probably went under and did not want to declare bankruptcy...
    It was good while it lasted, but Bandcamp is getting stronger every day and CD Baby have also started selling lossless downloads recently, so still plenty of music left to buy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    I've been waiting to see how long it would take Shawn and Paige to tell what really happened. It's a very interesting story.
    Is it a story that you know?

Yes, quite well. I also know why ProgRock Records became theRecordlabel and why theKompany.com is no longer visible.I will be issuing a statement once I have it cleared by counsel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Is it a story that you know?
    Last edited by Bruce; 04-30-2013 at 11:07 PM. Reason: misspelling

Still waiting!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.