Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fish Reissue Plans and some Feast Updates

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    On Facebook Fish says/shows he was signing Christmas cards for those who had preordered remasers (and that live set I'm sure). Woot! Nice!

Has anyone received their t-shirt yet? Not sure how the sizing works, if I should order large or XL.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    On Facebook Fish says/shows he was signing Christmas cards for those who had preordered remasers (and that live set I'm sure). Woot! Nice!
    Got my Crows memaster and Moveable Feast set a few days ago, along with the signed Christmas card - very nice indeed!

I got my stuff... But they missed one of the two field of crows CDs, so I'm waiting for that to come. I got a XXL long sleeve shirt and it's perfect

I've been going overboard buying Fish stuff this week. Decided to treat myself (and Fish!) for Xmas by picking up all the remasters along with movable feast and the leamington spa show. Scored 3 free t-shirts in the process!

Oh and the DVD of the nearest show of the 13th star tour. I saw the tour in Toronto and loved all the Clutching at Straws material, so the DVD was a no brainier!

Oh, it's looking to be a fish-y Christmas....

^^ Great! You may have heard it on the 13th Star show you saw, but on the NEARfest show the story he tells about Heather Findlay's fairy collection is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by progfan915 View Post
    Has anyone received their t-shirt yet? Not sure how the sizing works, if I should order large or XL.
    Hope I'm not too late to answer you as I just saw this. I ordered a 2XL shirt and it's true to size. The ladies L looks small, but I won't see if it's too small until she gets it on Xmas. Ladies sizes seem to run way small in Britain.
    I got the 3 new remasters but haven't listened yet. Fish does such a great job with the packaging. The first 2 were equally nice. Waiting for Vigil though!!!
    And the Christmas card was a great surprise. The wife loved that! (THAT she got to see )
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

^^ Great! You may have heard it on the 13th Star show you saw, but on the NEARfest show the story he tells about Heather Findlay's fairy collection is hilarious.
    I was at that show. It was great! The best Fish is an inspired Fish.

^^ That was a great show. It was unusual to see a Fish show in such comfort, thought of course it was the norm for NEARfest. CTTOI, that was and likely will be the last time I've seen Fish live. Last of only 4 or 5 times.

I've seen the great man on numerous occasions and once when he made a guest appearance at A Mostly Autumn Concert in Glasgow when he was dating that temptress Heather Findlay she knows what it's like to be ' Evergreen'

The next two Fish reissues are available to preorder: Songs from the Mirror and Suits. And Fish has a new web site and store which look very good:

http://fishmusic.scot/

Regarding the Songs from the Mirror reissue, the 2nd disk is demos and live tracks, and the 3rd disk seems to just be a new interview, which is a little underwhelming. But I'm one of those who likes SftM, so overall I should enjoy the reissue, even the interview - it's a DVD I think, so there's video as well as audio. He probably has a lot to say about the songs he chose, the problems with Polydor, etc.

Yep, I'll have to get these, just to complete the set (even though I don't rate Suits very highly). These new remasters are very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by progfan915 View Post
    Yep, I'll have to get these, just to complete the set (even though I don't rate Suits very highly). These new remasters are very well done.
    I really like Suits, although it has a few flaws.

Disk 2 of Songs from the Mirror has Faithhealer from NEARfest.

Thanks for the head’s up, just ordered Suits (one of my favorites).

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    Thanks for the head’s up, just ordered Suits (one of my favorites).
    MR 1470 is one of my favorite Fish songs.

I noticed that the Suits remaster says it's in stock...but have they started shipping orders?

I thought they were still in the pre-order stage

^ Good question! On Facebook Fish says the CDs ARE in stock and he doesn't refer to this as preorder, so they should ship soon I'd think, but I'm guessing launching the new site and shop is preventing them from going out immediately.

There's this one annoying error described on Facebook too:

On the ‘Suits’ remaster the track listing for CD3 on the reverse of the hardback cover is wrong.The CD itself has the correct running order and the track listing and details on the inner pages are correct but the print on the actual cover has CD3 listed as the first 11 tracks from CD2. It’s too late to change this now but it will be corrected on the next production run.My apologies, I should have caught this when proofing the artwork but both Mark Wilkinson and I completely missed what was a glaringly obvious mistake.

Irritating!

Ordered Songs from the Mirror yesterday from Amazon UK and just got an email saying it's been dispatched !

SftM arrived yesterday ! Nice set and well produced ! Interesting liner notes as always by Fish. I'm always partial to cover albums and Fish, whilst not deviating too far from the originals does them justice & makes them interesting!

I think does a good job with almost all the covers, the only one I really don't care for, and I think it soured the album for a lot of people, is I Know What I Like. First of all, it's far from a favorite Genesis song for me, but the cover with the female backing vocals and oft repeated chorus just doesn't work. To bad he didn't just try a more typical Gabriel-era Genesis song, though I'm not sure what would be a good choice.

His version of Something in the Air I prefer to the original and also to Tom Petty's version which came out close to the Fish album.
    Possibly my favorite from the album is The Boston Tea Party, though I haven't heard the Alex Harvey Band original. But as with almost all these songs Fish's voice works really well for it.
    Other favorites are his versions of Five Years (beautiful version!) and Time and a Word.

^^^
    The live versions of The Boston Tea Party & Faith Healer on disc 2 really smoke!

Other favorites are his versions of Five Years
    The live version from Sushi - which I believe is on CD2 of this set - is one of my favorite Fish tracks.

Anyone know the deal with the Moveable Feast "4 CD" set? The description says 4 CDs, and it says "Here are the tracklistings for the 4 CD’s..." above the tracklists for CD1 and CD2 and... nothing else.

http://fishmusic.scot/store/product/...v=79cba1185463

I have moveable Feast at home, I can check tonight and let you know what is on it. Also you might want to check discogs

I think all of this talk about songs from the mirror has made me interested in buying it for the first time. I was just going to buy suits and that is it, but maybe I need to be a completist