Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Still Got The Blues…anyone?

First few times I heard Marcus King I was unimpressed. I guess I thought his sound could have had more grit, some punch. I like this though. The guitar exchange at the end reminds me a little of Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    First few times I heard Marcus King I was unimpressed. I guess I thought his sound could have had more grit, some punch. I like this though. The guitar exchange at the end reminds me a little of Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks.

I first saw Kind live opening for Umphrey’s McGee a few years ago. I had never heard of him at the time, but he blew me away. By the end of his show the whole hockey arena was standing and totally into what he was doing. I saw him a second time as a headliner at our local theater. We were down on the floor basically just a few feet from him on stage and the kid is the real deal. He is a fantastic guitar player and has a voice the does not really sound like anyone else. I like the blues / blues rock side of his repertoire better than his soul side, but he is great at both. I own several of his albums with my favorite being his 2022 album “Young Blood” which mostly sticks to his rock side. I do not have the new one yet.