Thread: Oscars question

Oscars question

Can anyone ID the instrumental music played during the memoriam segment? (Not the Bette Midler bit)
    It's on YouTube but I can't link it from the phone.

I don't know if all the music was from this movie, but it is from "Somehwere In Time". Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour. It's a wonderful movie and that music makes it that much better. Someone from the film (composer, director?) was in the rememberance segment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I don't know if all the music was from this movie, but it is from "Somehwere In Time". Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour. It's a wonderful movie and that music makes it that much better. Someone from the film (composer, director?) was in the rememberance segment.
    It was the composer, John Barry. He also wrote much of the music for James Bond movies, including (the song) "Goldfinger."

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    It was the composer, John Barry. He also wrote much of the music for James Bond movies, including (the song) "Goldfinger."
    As well as The Deep, Starcrash (notorious Italian produced Star Wars knock off), Game Of Death (notorious attempt Brucesploitation flick), and The Black Hole (which had that fantastic fanfare which seemed to get repeated about a dozen times throughout the picture).

I think that Barry won an Oscar for "Born Free". I looked it up- He won two Oscars: Score and song

And Midnight Cowboy.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Dances with Wolves was a surprisingly enjoyable score