Thread: Alan Holdsworth line of Carvin Guitars

Banned

Alan Holdsworth line of Carvin Guitars

I played one recently. Not the headless, but the other Carvin guitar. I'll have to say, it sounded pretty sweet, and even acoustically it was nice (the guitar's hollow with no F-holes). The neck's a little too narrow for me, though; if I'm going to spend that kind of money on a guitar, I'll get what I want on it.

That's one thing that always bugged me about the Carvin so-called "custom shop". Neck profiles, width, and fret choices are VERY important to the feel of the instrument, and Carvin makes no attempt to accomodate player preferences on that account. Because of that, I don't have any Carvins in my collection. I would have otherwise, since their build quality is excellent.

How that guy gets some of those chord voicings is beyond me; my hand doesn't stretch like his...
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

Thanks pretty interesting. I don't think I've seen a Carvin acoustic, I'll have to look and see what those look like.

...Normally wouldn't look at this kind of video since it seems sometimes you're better off just hearing the recordings and not knowing too much about the musicians. In this case, I think Holdsworth is even cooler than I did before. The parts where he's just playing give a nice cross section of post 80's stuff that will probably grow in peoples minds for a long time.