Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1517

Thread: Post something cool

I. Hate. Mushrooms.

See also: The Outer Limits episode, "Specimen: Unknown."
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Those morels are highly praised & sought-after in French cuisine (often cooked with cream and armagnac), all the more so that they are fairly difficult to grow in crops... And have the particularity of the the rare ones to grow in the spring

And yes, those are mega-huge.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    I. Hate. Mushrooms.

See also: The Outer Limits episode, "Specimen: Unknown."
    I take it that you don't like pizza either, then?

I like mushrooms, but I don't like pizza, because of the cheese.

Dunno if this is 'cool' or 'scary'. I think the last

Created with AI. Paul Mccarthy singing a beach boys tune.

^^^^
    Now if AI could come up with a song as brilliant as this...

Not with mushrooms, anyway.

Pepperoni and pineapple for the win.

Interesting. I don't think that, if I hadn't been told, I would have believed that was the "real" Paul McCartney.

Would have been more interesting if they had made it more of a Beatles-y arrangement.

Interesting. I don't think that, if I hadn't been told, I would have believed that was the "real" Paul McCartney.

Would have been more interesting if they had made it more of a Beatles-y arrangement.
    I wouldn't be too surprised either way. I know that GOK is Paul's favorite Beach Boys tune and one of his favorite songs in general.

About pizza I'm gluten intolerant so I only eat it if it has a non tradtional crust such as cauliflower. I prefer "traditional" toppings so no pineapple for me.
    Last edited by Digital_Man; 05-08-2023 at 03:08 PM.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Hang on, I may have posted this before, Getting old and confused.

Banned
    I was wandering through some backstreets in Belgrade, Serbia last month and stumbled upon the Zappa Bar:

ZappaBar_BelgradeR.jpg
    Last edited by Quantum Cat; 05-21-2023 at 04:53 PM.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I. Hate. Mushrooms.
    I don't hate mushrooms, but I never order them on a pizza unless the Mrs. insists that she wants to get a mushroom and onion pizza, maybe once a year or so. I don't get why the expressed hatred or mushrooms would lead someone to conclude that the mushroom hater didn't like pizza.

And the Mrs. makes a nice meatloaf with mushroom gravy.
    Other than that, I could do without them and never miss them. Edit: Stuffed mushrooms go good with a nice .

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I don't get why the expressed hatred or mushrooms would lead someone to conclude that the mushroom hater didn't like pizza.
    If I remember the Introduction To Mycology course I took many years ago at a Community College (Adult Education,) the Council Of Trent in 1562 declared that in order for a pizza to actually be considered a pizza, mushrooms had to be one of the toppings on it. And yes, they carved out an exemption for the humble cheese pizza. The council was a religious conclave, but did weigh in on other "divine" matters, such as pizza. Not that it adds any weight to the subject matter, but iirc the instructor was a guest lecturer who was affiliated with a Catholic university somewhere in the Midwest. Father John something. I'm afraid I don't remember his last name after all these years.

I just did a search of the English translation of the decrees of the Council of Trent, and neither word ("pizza" and "mushroom") was found. Don't believe everything you hear in communiity college...

I just did a search of the English translation of the decrees of the Council of Trent, and neither word ("pizza" and "mushroom") was found. Don't believe everything you hear in communiity college...
    I apologize. I thought that pizza as divine subject matter and Father John were dead give aways, but maybe Papa Johns is only regional, and not nationwide. It's an insult to call Papa John's pizza, though. Sorry to have wasted your time, I hope it wasn't much. I never attended Community College either, so all made up out of whole cloth.

I apologize. I thought that pizza as divine subject matter and Father John were dead give aways, but maybe Papa Johns is only regional, and not nationwide. It's an insult to call Papa John's pizza, though. Sorry to have wasted your time, I hope it wasn't much. I never attended Community College either, so all made up out of whole cloth.
    I am a bit of a slowcoach at times...

I am a bit of a slowcoach at times...
    Actually, I think you are quite intelligent and very well read. That's why I didn't think it would get by. Again, sorry.

How long has it been since you heard Alan Price?

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    My fave Stackridge, but it's a Gordon Haskell track (though iy-t was an instrumental when he recorded it on his solo album)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I took a chance and watched this- its actually cool and very early 70's. The Animals were never quite the same after he left (with the royalties from "House of The Rising Sun", if you ask them.) Hes a great singer, some of it the same kinda music hall-ish stuff Ray Davies dabbled in. Great keyboard player too.

Quote Originally Posted by bfd View Post
    How long has it been since you heard Alan Price?
    I had no idea. By hearing him on this broadcast, I'd say I would understand why he had to leave the Animals, coz his singing would've thrown some shadow on Burdon.

However, FFWDing through the documentary, I heard nothing similar in terms of singing (he confirms on KB, though)
    Clearly Alan apes Eric on this Spell On You.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I had no idea. By hearing him on this broadcast, I'd say I would understand why he had to leave the Animals, coz his singing would've thrown some shadow on Burdon.

However, FFWDing through the documentary, I heard nothing similar in terms of singing (he confirms on KB, though)
    Clearly Alan apes Eric on this Spell On You.
    Sounds a little like "Arthur" era Kinks here....

2 questions for the dog-owner:
    Does the dog have a drivers-licence?
    Can the dog handle the pedals?

I saw this one on video https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/viral-v...canada-4035374
    And I thought: "Poor python".