Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1521

Thread: Post something cool

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    You don't need a complete drumkit, to play an interesting solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Bah. There's so much electronics on that guitar that it might as well be a synth.

Now, here is a version of "Autobahn" with no electronics (other than the sound system):

Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Very cool indeed; Adélaïde Ferrière is an amazing drummer/percussionist. Alas, the composition (which is not on her) for this one is a little too clinical for my tastes. For a single snare drum solo, give me Carl Palmer:

My favorite thing I've seen from Ms Ferrière is her marimba arrangement of the "Rhapsody in Blue," but a better comparison of her drumming abilities would be the Xenakis "Rebonds." Here's the A part:

Country Joe & the Fish, Iron Butterfly, Melanie, Oliver, and some other bands of the 70s.

^Far out, man.^

Surrender, hippies...

Tim, Gardner, Underwood & Balken rip into this episode. Zephyr is pretty good too.

plenty of stuff I'd never heard before in those shows.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Tim, Gardner, Underwood & Balken rip into this episode. Zephyr is pretty good too.

plenty of stuff I'd never heard before in those shows.
    It's interesting to see some of those bands back in the day before a lot of effect pedals and tools of that nature took over. An essential drummer was necessary. I had no idea Country Joe & the Fish's drummer was as good as he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Bah. There's so much electronics on that guitar that it might as well be a synth.

Now, here is a version of "Autobahn" with no electronics (other than the sound system):

Yeah, you are right on the first count.

Where is that version of Autobahn? Don't feel like watching the whole concert.

Yeah, you are right on the first count.

Where is that version of Autobahn? Don't feel like watching the whole concert.
    Begins at 1:15:51.

Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Begins at 1:15:51.
    I prefer the original. I think some weird noises are on the laptop. It is not completely acoustic. And it is not really my style of music.

I also prefer the original; I just liked the true (seemingly) acoustic nature of it.

I actually didn't notice the laptop; it may make some weird noises, but other than that, well, Señor Coconut y Son Conjunto are generally an acoustic act, using "traditional" Latin American instruments and styles. Horns, marimbas, that sort of thing. Not my usual cup of tea but once in a while I find them quite cool. They are to Kraftwerk more or less what Dread Zeppelin is to Led Zeppelin.

Great performance, super weird and original...

I did a quick search and this didn't show on the forum but apologies in advance as it's 3 years old.
    Also the lead in is an advertisement section before the main interview of a guy who is probably one of the coolest musicians left outta a whole bunch. Interview with Mr Chris Spedding.

Incredible tone and soul

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Frog in boiling water

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    ^Always liked Chicago's version of that Winwood/Miller song. Never learned why Chicago and their fantastic drummer Danny Seraphine parted ways.
    Frog in boiling water

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    ^Always liked Chicago's version of that Winwood/Miller song. Never learned why Chicago and their fantastic drummer Danny Seraphine parted ways.
    It looks like he was fired in 1990, but for what reason?

It looks like he was fired in 1990, but for what reason?
    Saw the "Behind The Music" on Chicago- the other founding members said his drumming had seriously deteriorated and , if memory serves, he was also handling the business/finances for the group at the time and they were not happy with the results.