Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1584

Thread: Post something cool

Quote Originally Posted by bfd View Post
    Saw the "Behind The Music" on Chicago- the other founding members said his drumming had seriously deteriorated and , if memory serves, he was also handling the business/finances for the group at the time and they were not happy with the results.
    I suppose that ar reasons enough to fire him.

Yes. I remember an interview with Lamm and Pankow where one of them claimed that his tempo had gotten too slow, and sang "Tell... me... you... will... staaaay... make...me...smile."

On the other upper extremity, Seraphine, in an interview, claimed that he took over the business and finances because none of the others would step up, because they were too busy getting stoned.

You pays your money and you takes your choice; Here's Seraphine's current band, "California Transit Authority," playing the ballad. It's sixteen minutes long, as opposed to the 13-and-change on Carnegie Hall; but the strange -- and in my mind lovely -- things they do to "Colour My World" seem to cover that. The tempos seem fine to me.

By the way, that's Mark Bonilla (whom you may know from the Keith Emerson band) on the guitar. CTA has also picked up Chicago alumni Bill Champlin and Jason Scheff. The one thing that seems clear is that Chicago's core (at this point, Lamm and the horn section, but mostly Lamm and Pankow) dish heavy on anyone who leaves or is fired from the band.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Brilliant...

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    For a single snare drum solo, give me Carl Palmer:
    I first saw him do this sort of thing Live (Asia tour) with similar action on hi-hat etc alongside and then had found this, a solo similar to the one I saw, that doesn't get boring at all, and those particular actions start at around minute 2.
    https://youtu.be/yAXGP0XkNvA

Quote Originally Posted by bfd View Post
    Brilliant...
    I saw Andy Irvine do a slightly different version of this song at a solo gig in Cuyahoga Valley State Park in the 90s. He'd finished the main set, and came back out for the encore, and asked if there was anything in particular we'd like to hear. I shouted "Arthur McBride," and he proceeded to play it, to the enjoyment of all. Very cool.

Largely overlooked these days but a definitive live album of the era...

Unhinged 60's UK psych-pop by The Rokes..

Learning to cook infernally.

Interesting article about the roots of early prog. Freak Out! The Roots of US Prog

Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

I suppose the theme is quite familiar for those who know Variations from Andrew Lloyd Webber (probably the most prog he did)

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Liked enough its first 1-2 minutes to want to bookmark it. Would have been cool to take the guitar out of the strictly "either rhythm or improv/solo (unless absent)" role seen here (whether gypsy approach demanded or not), especially considering there are three of them here! :-) For instance, I think especially the essentially violin-only cringeyly-alone high-freq sonics of the second 24 seconds sounded like an underdeveloped and struggly segment that would have benefited much from guitar sonics and skill, and even did not sound all too correct to these ears noteswise.

Absolute top of his game in this clip. Masterful, effortless and ever so slightly deranged. I've come to prefer his classic country hits to the pioneering rock and roll stuff.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Holotypic Occlupanid Research Group

"Occlupanids are generally found as parasitoids on bagged pastries in supermarkets, hardware stores, and other large commercial establishments."

Frog in boiling water

Kudos to the guy that colorized this....Syds got the thousand yard stare....

Early DT very good footage with C.D.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Frog in boiling water

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post

Thnx for sharing
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post

Shouldn't this be for The Death Of Rock Music thread??
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Shouldn't this be for The Death Of Rock Music thread??
    if you like them or not they where very important in keeping Prog alive...

One of his better post-Floyd tunes....