Page 146 of 196 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 4896

Thread: New Releases Only

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    This probably has its place in the Japanese thread but since it is a new release, maybe worth mentioning it here as well:

Kumorigahara - S/T (2021) - the entire album is on YT but here are two songs, just for your entertainment
    Good stuff, "just for your entertainment" may be about right for its availability, or rather non availability in US. Perhaps streaming is the way
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

Quote Originally Posted by PCMusic View Post
    Good stuff, "just for your entertainment" may be about right for its availability, or rather non availability in US. Perhaps streaming is the way
    That is true. I looked on the band's website and they list a few places where you can buy the album. With shipping, it comes to over $50 CAD. Yikes!!!!

Hey again, everyone! Last week I announced the release of my band Isobar's new album (Isobar II) and as luck would have it this week I am announcing the release of my other band Mind Furniture's new CD, "An Illustrated Map of the Heart"! For this release we invited several excellent guest guitarists to join us including Stan Cotey (Giraffe), Nick Karch (Bolus), Paul Keller (Hush; FOSSIL - Bay Area; 3 and 3.2 touring bands), Jack McLoughlin (Oh Malô; Yella Belly), Chris Ogburn (Puppet Show) and others.

And while you're at it, check out this awesome video that a friend of our made for one of the songs on the CD!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    This is some pretty awesome shit from September. I've never heard of them, but I get the impression they've already made some kind of a name for themselves.

Hey Battema, have you heard this? Seems up your alley. Sounds like Floyd + Tangerine Dream + New Order or something.

There's a useful video on their bandcamp page, so I'd recommend starting with that then checking out the album there or here:

https://mildlife.bandcamp.com/album/automatic

Quote Originally Posted by Seven8 View Post
    Hey again, everyone! Last week I announced the release of my band Isobar's new album (Isobar II) and as luck would have it this week I am announcing the release of my other band Mind Furniture's new CD, "An Illustrated Map of the Heart"! For this release we invited several excellent guest guitarists to join us including Stan Cotey (Giraffe), Nick Karch (Bolus), Paul Keller (Hush; FOSSIL - Bay Area; 3 and 3.2 touring bands), Jack McLoughlin (Oh Malô; Yella Belly), Chris Ogburn (Puppet Show) and others.

And while you're at it, check out this awesome video that a friend of our made for one of the songs on the CD!
    I really enjoyed this, and the video is indeed very cool! Bonus points for keytar in a studio setting! What are you playing in the video? And is Chris Ogburn from the Puppet Show that put out a couple of CDs in the '90s? Are they still together?

New Jose Cid album out. Not sure if it's old material, new material, or what.

https://www.discogs.com/release/2142...s-Do-Al%C3%A9m

Nucleus Live At The BBC has just been released. The 13-CD boxset from Repertoire spans 21 years, from 1970 to 1991, and follows the template of the earlier Colosseum and Barbara Thompson sets (i.e., many well-taped concerts recorded directly from radio broadcasts - although the BBC has supplied about three hours of additional music). Loads to listen to.
    We walked arm in arm with madness, and every little breeze whispered of the secret love we had for our disease

Pluto Jonze: Awe

Dream pop with progressive touches and a crazy clip from the song I'll Try Anything in which he plays a burning piano.

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    Nucleus Live At The BBC has just been released. The 13-CD boxset from Repertoire spans 21 years, from 1970 to 1991, and follows the template of the earlier Colosseum and Barbara Thompson sets (i.e., many well-taped concerts recorded directly from radio broadcasts - although the BBC has supplied about three hours of additional music). Loads to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    https://www.repertoirerecords.com/ar...ve-at-the-bbc/

(For my own interest: CD 4 and 6 contain work on which Allan Holdsworth is involved.)

New Releases Only

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    https://www.repertoirerecords.com/ar...ve-at-the-bbc/

(For my own interest: CD 4 and 6 contain work on which Allan Holdsworth is involved.)
    Ooh! Now I’m interested! [emoji106][emoji41]

Ordered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boceephus; 12-23-2021 at 12:17 AM.

Coming asap in 2022 a new Pendragon mini album..

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post

Now that's a nice Christmas/New Year surprise! Thank you for posting that!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post

Indeed nice greetings, though this video footage makes me wonder where is he sitting right now. Is he the neighbor of Mike Oldifield by any chance now ... Bahamas or wherever it is?
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

Quote Originally Posted by PCMusic View Post
    Indeed nice greetings, though this video footage makes me wonder where is he sitting right now. Is he the neighbor of Mike Oldifield by any chance now ... Bahamas or wherever it is?
    No, he lives in Cornwall now, the West Country of the UK.

Yet another new 'single' from Welcome To The Planet..

"Viajero Inmóvil Records has the great honor of presenting unpublished material by Miguel Abuelo. This great sound rescue is an invaluable historical document in which several unpublished songs by Miguel recorded at the Kraft Auditorium in 1970 are presented. Although the sound quality is not ideal, it appears as a great find taken from the air with a Precarious Geloso etcher. With regard to the material, undoubtedly, already at the beginning of the decade of the '70 Miguel Abuelo demonstrated to be an enormous artist."

Enjoy!
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Honestly, I wouldn't pay $7 for tracks in such sonic quality, rescued or not.

All four Circus albums with bonus track(s) and Island and Blue Motion as legit rereleases on Belle Antique! (the pride of Swiss Prog!)

http://marquee.co.jp/belle_antique/%...e-information/
    Last edited by TheH; 01-02-2022 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    All four Circus albums with bonus track(s) and Island and Blue Motion as legit rereleases on Belle Antique! (the pride of Swiss Prog!)
    I can finally get Fearless Tearless! Thanks for the heads up on this.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I can finally get Fearless Tearless! Thanks for the heads up on this.
    Bonus tracks:
    1st album: Winterghosts(Star) 6:36 *
    Movin' on: I Don’t Want to be Fooled Again 11:01 *
    Fearless: Keybreak 6:08 *Overture 4:13*
    live: Swingin’ on a Tight Rope 9:03 *

Quote Originally Posted by Seven8 View Post
    Hey everyone, today we released Isobar II, the follow-up to our debut last year which made a few people's lists for favorites of 2020 and was tied for The Fire Note's progressive rock "Debut album of the year". Available from the usual prog distributors. Hope you like it!

Received this one today and it's running its second spin. Great album again.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Received this one today and it's running its second spin. Great album again.
    This one is on its way to me, as are a couple of assorted others (the two Seorm albums to name a couple).

Also, in addition to the IQ Archive box, I recently pulled the trigger on the big Grateful Dead box from October and that's on the way.

I have honestly never heard this band before although they seem to have a huge number of releases. Is it original? No. Yes seems to be the main influence with a smattering of Genesis and ELP and whatever else you hear in there. The singing annoys me especially when the attempt is at a falsetto which sounds a little too thin. I wonder if the FLAC version sounds better because the tracks that are streaming on Bandcamp sound like the compression on these tracks was set to "murder" during production.

Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

^^For those who have never heard of US, it's a Dutch band (http://www.the-music-of-us.com/) with an impossible name and a long history. Formely known as Saga, the Dutch band that released the LP To Whom It Concerns in 1979.