Page 186 of 201 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 5023

Thread: New Releases Only

https://jackbruce.tmstor.es/product/125068

JACK BRUCE
    SMILES & GRINS THE BROADCAST SESSIONS 1970-2001
    €72.45
    Release Date: 26/01/2024
    Discs: 6
    A NEW OFFICIAL 4CD & 2 MULTI-REGION BLU RAY VIDEO BOXED SET ANTHOLOGY FEATURING THE SURVIVING RADIO & TELEVISION BROADCAST SESSIONS BY THE LEGENDARY JACK BRUCE RECORDED BETWEEN 1970 & 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Not a single preview track on the bandcamp page, even though it was released on October 20th and the whole album is on youtube. Weird.

Neil

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Not a single preview track on the bandcamp page, even though it was released on October 20th and the whole album is on youtube. Weird.

Neil
    That is odd. Probably just a human error.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Neil
    You can hear the track Deep Blue Shade when you click on video.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    You can hear the track Deep Blue Shade when you click on video.
    Thanks. That's a much better track to my ears, than the first song on the album, that I listened to on youtube, which sounded flat and Ozrics by numbers, at best.

Neil

Excited to announce the release of French TV's newest record "A Ghastly State of Affairs," now available on Cuneiform Records! Go pick it up!

https://mailchi.mp/cuneiformrecords/...worldwide-more

ftv_cuneiform.jpg

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Released today

CHROMB! - Cinq
    PoiL Ueda - Yoshitsune

Nice. Once wayside gets them in, I shall be ordering.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Banned
    Ey up! This is an exceptional piece of flashy English jazz-rock reminiscent of the mid-70s Soft Machine, fusion-era Gong, and Brand X, among others. However, it is presented with an immense vitality that exudes a sense of freshness and novelty. An outstanding album indeed!

From the bottomless pool of talent and good music that is Finland comes Maailmanpuu. Never heard of them before despite this being their 3rd release in 5 years. File along Vesilinja

The Maailmanpuu album is sooooo incredible! I wanted to check a little bit of it out to see if it's any good, but it turned out to be so good, I kept on listening! <3
    NG ~ BC ~ PA
    “Pointing out the problem doesn't make it go away!” —Mr. Enter

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Neil
    The full, new Ozric's album is on Spotify now, FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    From the bottomless pool of talent and good music that is Finland comes Maailmanpuu. Never heard of them before despite this being their 3rd release in 5 years. File along Vesilinja

It says they produced 100 vinyl and CD copies (100 of each? 100 total? How do they even make such small quantities?), but the CD isn't available (yet, anyway) via Bandcamp, only the LP and the download.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It says they produced 100 vinyl and CD copies (100 of each? 100 total? How do they even make such small quantities?), but the CD isn't available (yet, anyway) via Bandcamp, only the LP and the download.
    I suspect that you are asking the question more along the lines of 'do manufacturers even make such small runs?', and 100 may seem small to most people, but my band is releasing an album, and we are getting only 50 vinyl (the indie special!) and 100 CDs made; and that is only because they can't do 50 CDs (they would be CDRs). I don't know how things work for smaller prog bands, but for many, many indie or smaller acts, it's hard to sell 100 copies of an album. Even 50 will require a fair amount of work.

Neil

I suspect that you are asking the question more along the lines of 'do manufacturers even make such small runs?', and 100 may seem small to most people, but my band is releasing an album, and we are getting only 50 vinyl (the indie special!) and 100 CDs made; and that is only because they can't do 50 CDs (they would be CDRs). I don't know how things work for smaller prog bands, but for many, many indie or smaller acts, it's hard to sell 100 copies of an album. Even 50 will require a fair amount of work.

Neil
    Some disc pressing services do offer small quantities. But in such cases, the price of manufacturing a single copy is crazy high.
    NG ~ BC ~ PA
    “Pointing out the problem doesn't make it go away!” —Mr. Enter

What would be the purpose of producing more? There are still CDs available of the first two albums from 2017 and 2019 and I am pretty sure they did not produce thousands of those either.

I suspect that you are asking the question more along the lines of 'do manufacturers even make such small runs?'
    Yes, that's what I meant. I wasn't necessarily implying that the band could sell more than that.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Just announced for January release, second album by The Smile

Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Apparently at least one English manufacturer is doing runs of 100 CDs. We established that in another recent thread. It's entirely possible that some European and Scandinavian manufacturers are as well. It's still not the norm in the States, where 300 is typically the minimum for a replicated CD.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Apparently at least one English manufacturer is doing runs of 100 CDs. We established that in another recent thread. It's entirely possible that some European and Scandinavian manufacturers are as well. It's still not the norm in the States, where 300 is typically the minimum for a replicated CD.

Bill
    Well, speaking on behalf of Canada and North America possibly, we can get 100 CDs made, and that is what we are getting for our album, Bill. We could get 50 from the same company, but then it would be CDRs. And we know how people feel about those, around here, haha.

Neil

30 words for the actual music, 10 posts for the same and the same off topic issue.

It's a very pleasant album.

Well, speaking on behalf of Canada and North America possibly, we can get 100 CDs made, and that is what we are getting for our album, Bill. We could get 50 from the same company, but then it would be CDRs. And we know how people feel about those, around here, haha.

Neil
    Out of curiosity, can you post a link for the manufacturer or send it to me privately? That might interest me. Thanks.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    30 words for the actual music, 10 posts for the same and the same off topic issue.

It's a very pleasant album.
    I sampled their stuff. To me, Maailmanpuu are not in the same league as Vesilinja, who aren't in the same league as Elds Mark or Jordsjø. Yeah, pleasant, but pretty forgettable in my book.

Bill

To me, the Maailmanpuu has a nice laid back feel to the music, that I like, but the vocals are weak, and I won't go there any more. Too many other better options.

Neil

Neil
    It appears that I will have to eat my words on this post, as double-checking with the company we are dealing with, the minimum amount of CDs that are pressed from an actual glass master is 250, NOT 100, as I thought. We are getting 50 vinyl done, so there is that, but apologies to Bill and anyone else who pays attention to anything that I say, haha, for the mix-up.

Back to new releases.

Neil