Page 191 of 196 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 4893

Thread: New Releases Only

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    If you're speaking about THIS, I concur It's excruciating.
    I don't know who the singer is but I hit the Stop icon at 1'27", my personal record that I'm not tempted to break.

HAHA!! Just read this. I'll pass.
    Still alive and well...
    https://bakullama1.bandcamp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    HAHA!! Just read this. I'll pass.
    I was expecting far worse, given the other reactions. However, I also quit at about 1:27. But that may have more to do with not having much interest in another vocalist covering/or even another version of Wondrous Stories in the first place, lol.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Fjieri Artrock from Italy with tons of prominent guests

Jakko M Jakszyk, Gavin Harrison, Tim Bowness, 05Ric and an ex Ezra Winston drummer

This second Fjieri-album, Words Are All We Have, is just being remastered and released as Words Are All We Have - Reloaded. It contains one instrumental bonustrack.

Info from https://burningshed.com/fjieri_words...ve-reloaded_cd

Fjieri, led by Stefano Panunzi and Nicola Lori, are joined by an impressive cast of guest musicians, including Jakko M Jakszyk, Tim Bowness, 05Ric, Mike Applebaum, Nicola Alesini and Gavin Harrison.

Words Are All We Have, originally released in 2015, now appears as a 2023 Reloaded editoon with a bonus track (A Sense Of Lost) and a more dynamic remaster.

The album features a sophisticated combination of Art Rock and Progressive Rock influences that incorporates tasteful atmospherics, melancholy melodies, driving rhythms, fretless bass lines and imaginative riffs (recalling aspects of Porcupine Tree, Eno, Japan, King Crimson and No-Man).

Includes a cover (sung by Jakszyk) of the rare Bowness/Barbieri song, Flame.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I've got a hot Re-mix of Bakullama's "There Walks a Man" by David Megistus burning a hole in my head... Hope to release it as a bonus track on this album soon.

Hoping to work with Megistus on more projects. He contributed guitar work on the original mix that's up now. His recent New Re-mix is pretty exciting.
    Last edited by Nijinsky Hind; 02-28-2024 at 07:08 PM.
    Still alive and well...
    https://bakullama1.bandcamp.com/

Because I bought stuff from them in the past (the Amoeba Split albums), the áMARXE label sent me an email to inform me about a new release that I may like. Only one song so far (the album is supposed to be released April 5th) but it is quite good.

I recognize Tom Penaguin from those insane prog 1-man-band vids YT.
    NG ~ BC ~ PA
    “Pointing out the problem doesn't make it go away!” —Mr. Enter

I stumbled upon this new video on the Inside Out channel this morning - wow, anyone else heard them before?

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    Because I bought stuff from them in the past (the Amoeba Split albums), the áMARXE label sent me an email to inform me about a new release that I may like. Only one song so far (the album is supposed to be released April 5th) but it is quite good.

Yeah, I got a notice on this today as well. This track is real cool, it has a distinct Egg feel to it, which is logical given the title. But I'm holding out to hear a bit more of the album before I bite. If the rest of it is like this, it may rank in my top albums of the year!

Bill

Italian Neo-Prog. A re-recording of their 1988 debut album. I'm not keen on the vocals (sung in English) but they're not a deal-breaker because the musicianship and melodies are so darn good. A really good updating of their first album with modern production and recording.

Last edited by Splicer; 03-06-2024 at 09:21 AM.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by begnagrad View Post
    And just like that, 19 years later.... back with new album.

Will any of the lovely american stores be stocking this?
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Italian Neo-Prog. A re-recording of their 1988 debut album. I'm not keen on the vocals (sung in English) but their not a deal-breaker because the musicianship and melodies are so darn good. A really good updating of their first album with modern production and recording.

I didn't know they were still an active band. A great improvement from their 1988 (!) version.
    They should also revisit their 2nd ("Bee Yourself") a concept-album which is MUCH better: less typically "neo", the long suite is very well composed and I like Alex Brunori's very expressive/emotional singing on this one.
    A sadly underrated italian neo-prog band.
    Last edited by Mr.Krautman; 03-05-2024 at 11:05 PM.

I don't know what this is - Psych/Space Rock/Fusion - who knows. Definitely has the Ozric influence so I guess I like it. Favorite track is "Pillows".

New Messthetics with James Brandon Lewis out today. Tour starting soon.

Neil

Banned

From the notes:

Previously unreleased and captured in 1973, "New Dawn" by the Pat Smythe Quartet offers a rare glimpse into a pivotal moment in jazz fusion history, particularly for fans of guitarist Allan Holdsworth. Recorded across two dates in France, the eight-track album showcases the virtuosic quartet at the intersection of jazz fusion, jazz rock, and Latin American influences, featuring an early and electrifying performance by Holdsworth, a pioneer of the genre.

Pat Smythe (piano/electric piano): A veteran of Joe Harriott's groundbreaking ensemble, Smythe's avant-garde sensibilities underpin the quartet's fusion experiments.

Allan Holdsworth (guitar): This early recording captures Holdsworth on the cusp of his meteoric rise, showcasing his already-astonishing technical brilliance and emotive playing that would later reshape the landscape of fusion guitar.

Daryl Runswick (double bass): Navigating both classical and contemporary realms, Runswick's versatile basslines provide a steady foundation for the ensemble's sonic explorations.

John Marshall (drums): Steeped in the avant-garde tradition, Marshall's percussive mastery, honed in acts such as Graham Collier, Nucleus and Soft Machine, adds rhythmic complexity to the quartet's sound.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyon View Post
    Digging this. Thanks for posting. So many amazing bands out there. A great time to be a music fan.

Neil

I'm just going to say that having listened to the Pat Smythe Quartet album a couple of times already, I just love that it's Holdsworth doing what I call that "Bundles sh*t". I could listen to that forever and he's basically doing an entire album of that sound right here.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Digging this. Thanks for posting. So many amazing bands out there. A great time to be a music fan.

Neil
    Indeed. Another excellent jazz-fusion album was released the same day.

I'm just going to say that having listened to the Pat Smythe Quartet album a couple of times already, I just love that it's Holdsworth doing what I call that "Bundles sh*t". I could listen to that forever and he's basically doing an entire album of that sound right here.
    The CD will be out in April and although I did receive the digital download I'll prefer waiting for the physical one. But from what you write this must be a real joy!

Bernard Ludescher is new to me but I'm enjoying the sound. Reminds me of some of the music that came out in the late 1980s-early 90s.

A nice one from Norway - kind of a jam band, but I like it

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    New third album released by The Bardic Depths, one of the projects Pete Jones of Tiger Moth Tales is in, and this is the best yet (don't judge it by the cover art, which is fine but not very polished; also, for some reason the front cover is not what comes up when embedding this album, for some reason the back of the booklet comes up - shrug). Splicer, I think this album is going to be to your liking; check out the last track, which is very reminiscent of Hogarth-era Marillion and has some great guitar and synths.

Banned
    From the notes:

Truly amazing archival release. A video of their "British Rail" track may be found here. The footage is from the BBC portion of the 1973 TV Festival performance for European Radio. This is actually from the same set of gigs where the trio became a quartet as Allan Holdsworth joined them with his white Gibson SG.

New album from Panzerpappa with guests - Skeringspunkt. They've added an accordionist and a flute player and made a live album that combines a more folk influence to their music. The album is dedicated to Lars Hollmer and they cover his Boeves Psalm as the last track. Excellent , melodic instrumental music as usual but with a calmer sound.
    https://panzerpappa.bandcamp.com/alb...nkt-incl-video

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alanterrill View Post
    New album from Panzerpappa with guests - Skeringspunkt. They've added an accordionist and a flute player and made a live album that combines a more folk influence to their music. The album is dedicated to Lars Hollmer and they cover his Boeves Psalm as the last track. Excellent , melodic instrumental music as usual but with a calmer sound.
    https://panzerpappa.bandcamp.com/alb...nkt-incl-video
    It's very good.

Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.