Page 196 of 196 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196
Results 4,876 to 4,888 of 4888

Thread: New Releases Only

New Colouratura out today on vinyl LP !

June 1st 2024

Colouratura, an art rock trio from the Ohio Valley, USA, just reissue their fourth album “WTF Was That?!” on vinyl on Melodic Revolution Records (Amplified Distribution). Sporting a fresh new mix from bandleader and producer Ian Beabout, “WTF Was That?!” is a varied and ambitious record inspired by West Virginia, Ohio and Pennsylvania life and folklore.

The band consists of Ian Beabout (flute, synths, backing vocals, production), Nathan James (bass, vocals, piano), and Derek Pavlic (guitars, viola, mellotron, synths, glockenspiel, vocoder), aided by distinguished guests including Refestramus’ Derek Ferguson (drums and percussion), plus talented friends including drummer Dave Trik of Brimstone Coven, and Chris Boros (mellotron). The name, Colouratura was conceived by Nathan James as a metaphor on the various stylistic shifts implemented by the band – together they draw on the likes of metal, prog, pop, funk and folk music.

About the album’s production and vinyl reissue, Beabout says that remixing the vinyl has “given our album new life! Thanks to this sonic overhaul I feel it better represents what we all had in mind when writing and recording it, because when we finished the album for CD and digital release, I was limited by a dying MacBook. When I upgraded my production gear and software, I felt it was a good time to revisit the sonics of the recording. I think it now has a fuller, more robust sound.”

The vinyl has a beautiful presentation, including a light blue splatter design and a full color insert with the band photo. An unboxing video can be viewed here or on Beabout’s YouTube Channel

Songs from the new vinyl mix can be heard on Bandcamp.

“The original version will always be the canonical one, it is the one on streaming,” says Beabout, “but to me the album is finally finished and it is something I’m very proud of.”

What the press are saying.

“Honest ‘70s-style rock music with nods to early Wishbone Ash, early Tull and Traffic even as hints of Alice In Chains, Soundgarden and Anekdoten creep in here and there. A thoroughly satisfying listen!”
    -Steve Roberts, ZNR Records

“The band’s music is more progressive than progressive. The album offers a sound that is more like so-called ‘mixture rock’ than ‘progressive rock,’ as if their musical tastes are all stewed together. What awaits the listener after listening to the playful and free-spirited arrangements, which will betray the listener’s expectations? This is a work that you should definitely hear for yourself.”
    – CDs Vinyl Japan Store

“The results are vertiginous– blissed-out and blessed in the music’s festive concern: let’s just hope the ‘was’ in ‘WTF Was That?!’ doesn’t mean this record is the group’s last.”
    – Dmitry Epstein, dmme.net review

“This does not seem like a modern recording at all, as there is something about it which cries analogue as opposed to digital and playing a download just seems wrong as this should be vinyl, nothing less. This is music which has been allowed to breathe and move in whatever direction it needs to.”
    – Kev Rowland, ProgArchives Review

“This is their fourth release and they are making waves with their ‘off the wall’ music and sounds. I find this to be a real treat for all listeners. I must admit, they have a great ’70s sound, Are they true hippies in 2023?”
    – Jim Allford, Steel Notes Magazine

“Takes the music seriously, but it doesn’t take itself seriously!”
    – Jason Berry, CatSynthTV

All I'll say is that if you like IQ you'll probably like this, their second album.

Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

I was really impressed with this today. LOOK TO WINDWARD. Check out track 8 first. 'Theia' . What a singer.
    https://looktowindward.bandcamp.com/...tering-surface
    Still alive and well...
    https://bakullama1.bandcamp.com/

New from "Dirty Three"

"please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    New from "Dirty Three"

Ah! Another rabbit hole to traverse. Thanks, Walt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About Floyd: A Grateful Homage

In over two hours, 3 cd’s, 33 original tracks and an astonishing 40-pages illustrated booklet, About Floyd lead you through the life of Pink Floyd as they experienced it. They do so in fully original yet recognizable memories captured in own words, sound and images. Each and every track refers to Pink Floyd, but is completely self-made.

About Floyd is a time travel from the dawn of the piper to the final cut. Cut into not the littlest of pieces and three time frames: The Lightyears (1967-1972), The Brightyears (1973-1979) and The Fightyears (1980-1983). Why those years, the band didn’t stop in 1983, did they? “No,” answer About Floyd, “they didn’t. But the unique blend of Roger’s conceptual ingenuity and David’s musical virtuosity did. And thát is what our homage is based upon.”

Pink Floyd fans all over the world cannot pass on this spectacular salute to one of the greatest bands of all time.

Out April 12, 2024. About Floyd is available from stores including Amazon, BOL, and FNAC.

Colin Bass & Daniel Biro with Andrew Latimer as guest in 5 songs, a few exquisite guitar parts, great to hear Andy playing new stuff

https://colinbass.bandcamp.com/album/more

Solar Project's new album, Pictures at an Exhibition. There are moments when they know that you're going to be thinking ELP comparisons, but it definitely is it's own thing. I enjoyed it.

Returned To The Earth - Stalagmite Steeple (released June 14, 2024)

OK, it's nice. Has a laidback sound that reminds me of Tim Bowness and such. That's the issue. Every day of my life is a struggle with anxiety and depression. Do I really need music that makes me feel even more depressed? If you're someone that likes this sort of thing, then the album is very tuneful with some nice melodic guitar breaks. It's very listenable. But if you get depressed easily and really don't want to be, consider this a warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Returned To The Earth - Stalagmite Steeple (released June 14, 2024)

OK, it's nice. Has a laidback sound that reminds me of Tim Bowness and such. That's the issue. Every day of my life is a struggle with anxiety and depression. Do I really need music that makes me feel even more depressed? If you're someone that likes this sort of thing, then the album is very tuneful with some nice melodic guitar breaks. It's very listenable. But if you get depressed easily and really don't want to be, consider this a warning.
    Here's the titletrack:

Reviews mention the Gilmour-like guitarsolo's and sometimes a Porcupine Tree-vibe (but I guess especially the early years).

^^ It's also on Bandcamp:

It's a bit like Airbag too.

New band Lunophone, debut album 'Surroundings', from Dario of Homunculus Res and James of Rascal Reporters
    Canterbury and RIO influenced!

Digital: https://lunophone.bandcamp.com/album/surroundings
    CD: https://altrockproductions.bandcamp....m/surroundings

Happy Summer Solstice! Here's the new Church of Hed album, The Fifth Hour. It features a return to the improvisational and immediate styles of their earlier release, The Fourth Hour, or even Quarkspace’s Spacefolds series. The music squarely resides in space, with deep Kosmische and Berlin School explorations informing the album’s psychedelic electronica and prog.

The band’s Paul Williams is joined on The Fifth Hour by Jonathan Segel, from indie-rock legends Camper Van Beethoven, on violin, guitar, and bass, as well as Quarkspace’s Stan Lyon, on bass and synth. Williams plays his usual array of synthesizers, keyboards, beatmakers, sequencers, and electrified drums.

Support our music by purchasing a download or two. We used 24-bit audio files, so get those FLACs! Explore the full Eternity's Jest Records catalog, featuring psychedelic spacerock and progressive electronic music, for additional options for aural travel. Thanks for listening all these years!

Quarkspace on Facebook
    Church of Hed on Facebook
    TabMuse -- an online resource dedicated to iOS, Android, hardware, and desktop music apps and synths
    Church of Hed/Quarkspace on Bandcamp
    The QuarkspaceHed YouTube Channel