Page 197 of 197 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197
Results 4,901 to 4,916 of 4916

Thread: New Releases Only

I've been enjoying this new release from Maya - terrific symphonic/melodic prog IMHO - sweet female lead vocals and great harmonies as well.

^^ I had to check this: this Polish band must not be confused with the also symphonic/melodic prog ensemble from The Netherlands, MAYA Orchestra!

Nice surprise, didn't expect a new album.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    If this is on Spotify or Bandcamp, can you post a link please? Sounds good!
    https://open.spotify.com/album/7ydE2F2SV7h9Ns9Bl4yAcg

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    I couldn't find them on Bandcamp, but here's a Spotify link: https://open.spotify.com/album/7ydE2...TpihGbjgoI_VSw
    Thanks, guys!

Focus 12 is terrific. That is all.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

A very interesting new band from Germany, Exdirectory, on the fringes of prog, psych, indie rock music. The songwriting could be foggy or confused in places, but it is quite original and with a lot of good ideas. Thumbs up.

New Swedish lp by Dina Ogon

Hello Gang!
    A little bit late here...

Guadalquivir - Live Bilbao 1980

Guadalquivir - Olé Corea (Homenaje a Chick Corea)

Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Focus 12 is terrific. That is all.
    It really is. Needs a couple more spins to be certain, but I think it might actually be their strongest since Hamburger Concerto!

Some really enjoyable music from Mexican ensemble Luz de Riada in their latest album Rizoma. Kind of the progressive, jazz, funk, avant combination with a clear edge in the sound.

...forgive me if I have committed the cardinal sin of reposting something that has already been posted before - I do remember some mention of them somewhere in PE's pages

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    Some really enjoyable music from Mexican ensemble Luz de Riada in their latest album Rizoma. Kind of the progressive, jazz, funk, avant combination with a clear edge in the sound.

...forgive me if I have committed the cardinal sin of reposting something that has already been posted before - I do remember some mention of them somewhere in PE's pages
    I mentioned them in my list of top 2024 releases. To date, not much has changed in my top three or four, of which this is one, and a recent spin confirms that I'm still really enjoying it. It's different from their first three albums, perhaps a bit more like Cabezas De Cera. It took me a couple of spins to get my head around it, but I'm really enjoying it now.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by runciblemoon View Post
    It really is. Needs a couple more spins to be certain, but I think it might actually be their strongest since Hamburger Concerto!
    Really ? Then I need to check it asap.
    I've never been convinced by the many late reincarnations of the band (Focus 8 and following): not bad, clean and well polished sound, but the inspiration and "spark" were gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    I've never been convinced by the many late reincarnations of the band (Focus 8 and following): not bad, clean and well polished sound, but the inspiration and "spark" were gone...
    I'm not really a huge Focus fan. I only had Moving Waves, Focus 3, and Hamburger Concerto before I bought Focus 11, which I thought was very good. I heard one track from Focus 12 and it sounded even better. If the rest of the album is like that, I'll buy it for sure, and I think for a classic Focus fan, it's at least worth checking out (as is Focus 11).

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    That's fair. To be clear, I wasn't saying it was on the same level as Hamburger Concerto, but I think it is comfortably the best album from the 21st century iteration of Focus. It definitely has that clean, polished sound you mentioned, but I think it is far less patchy and compositionally a cut above anything else they've put out in the last couple of decades. Nothing revolutionary by any stretch, but it's a consistently engaging album.

My zeuhl band Papangu just announced its second album. First single is out now.

Album features Philippe Bussonnet (One Shot, ex-Magma), João Kombi, Andrea P., Paulo Ró, and Marian Sarine (Deafkids)

bassist in Papangu, a zeuhl metal band from Brazil https://papangu.bandcamp.com