Page 198 of 202 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202 LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 5028

Thread: New Releases Only

Erm. I enter squirm and cringe mode with my latest bandcamp outing. eclectic range of numbers at zero price.
    Also apologies to certain members, especially @Czyszy for gratuitous AI album Cover. It captures the complete ugliness of the situation perfectly.
    Last edited by clivey; 07-16-2024 at 01:03 PM.

Australia's ORB new album, quite good.

Very eclectic, blends many styles, take King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, GOAT, Kikagaku Moyo and Mushroom, then you should enjoy ORB’s music

https://orband.bandcamp.com/album/tailem-bend
    Last edited by begnagrad; 07-17-2024 at 12:58 AM.

Back from the past...

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Last week The Gathering from Mark Wingfield was released as a download; the CD is coming out in April.

Due to several external problems the CD finally came out and arrived today. Wingfield has a typical, lyrical style which I like. With Tony Levin and Percy Jones he has two major bassist at his side, while Gary Husband plays some great keyboard-solo's. Husband also sits behind the drumkit on three tracks, although Asaf Sirkis plays drums on all. Well worth the waiting.

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Due to several external problems the CD finally came out and arrived today. Wingfield has a typical, lyrical style which I like. With Tony Levin and Percy Jones he has two major bassist at his side, while Gary Husband plays some great keyboard-solo's. Husband also sits behind the drumkit on three tracks, although Asaf Sirkis plays drums on all. Well worth the waiting.
    Oh good. I thought I missed it. It was at a preorder for forever and then the CD option disappeared altogether on bandcamp. I await it being relisted on bandcamp (as MJ releases don't seem to be generally available anymore)
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

An excellent album (their second one, apparently) from The Romans (Australia) - "On Sydney Road". I could not find a Bandcamp page, but there is a YouTube channel where you can listen to all the tracks on this album. Here's my favourite:

Another one that caught my attention recently is Infinite Canvas - "Art of Time Travel". Has a bit of a jam-band feeling to it so if that trickles your fancy, you may enjoy this:

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    Another one that caught my attention recently is Infinite Canvas - "Art of Time Travel". Has a bit of a jam-band feeling to it so if that trickles your fancy, you may enjoy this:

A.I. cover art, but where's the giant wet eyeball?
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

An excellent album (their second one, apparently) from The Romans (Australia) - "On Sydney Road". I could not find a Bandcamp page, but there is a YouTube channel where you can listen to all the tracks on this album. Here's my favourite:

For those with Amazon Music subscriptions, it's available on there in Ultra HD.

Groovy stuff. Here's their website, named after their previous bandname The Jaimz Project: https://thejaimzproject.com/bio#bio and facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theromansmusic/?locale=fy_NL
    Reminds me a bit of Uncle Festive.

Villagers: Darling Arithmetic

Lots of soft Mellotron-sounds on this singer-songwriter-album.
    Released May this year: That Golden Time, the new album by progressive singer-songwriter Conor J. O'Brien known as Villagers.

Here's the title-track:

As you can read below the clip some people hear something from Pink Floyd in the song. Well, maybe because I've been listening to his music from his debut I only hear a typical Villagers-sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    A.I. cover art, but where's the giant wet eyeball?
    My eyeballs are wet because of how much this AI album cover slop is making me cry. xD
    But anyway, the music is pretty good.
    NG ~ BC ~ PA
    “Pointing out the problem doesn't make it go away!” —Mr. Enter

Unfinished Business is the new album from Snowy White, released in June.

Here's the title-track:

Although I'm not a real blues-fan I love Snowy's guitartone a lot so I have most of his albums.

Unfinished Business is the new album from Snowy White, released in June.

Here's the title-track:

Although I'm not a real blues-fan I love Snowy's guitartone a lot so I have most of his albums.
    That sounds cool. Thanks for posting.

Just heard a track from the new Aurora Clara from Spain. The track is The Last Candles and it's from the album IV.
    Fine work, especially the keyboard-playing.

I do lean toward the melodic these days... thanx for posting that
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    I do lean toward the melodic these days... thanx for posting that
    The new Aurora Clara is excellent. Very melodic and accessible, but it also burns with some fantastic chops and rhythms. I was a little disappointed in their third album. I didn't hate it, but didn't love it like the first two. This one is right back to being top notch, in my book.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    The new Aurora Clara is excellent. Very melodic and accessible, but it also burns with some fantastic chops and rhythms. I was a little disappointed in their third album. I didn't hate it, but didn't love it like the first two. This one is right back to being top notch, in my book.

Bill
    Maybe because the third one, Dreams, had a different drummer, Marc Halbheer - drums? Original drummer Marco Anderson is back on IV.

Maybe because the third one, Dreams, had a different drummer, Marc Halbheer - drums? Original drummer Marco Anderson is back on IV.
    That could definitely be part of it. I just generally found the compositions a bit lacking, like maybe they rushed this album out a little bit, but maybe the new drummer didn't gel with the bad. The best song on it, to me, is their pseudo-Shakti tune. That one is pretty good. The rest is listenable, but little got me really excited, which is the opposite with their first two and this new one.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post

Bill
    Love the guitar soloing that has this McLaughlin/Fripp feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Love the guitar soloing that has this McLaughlin/Fripp feel to it.
    Totally. The guitarist is clearly a huge McLaughlin disciple, and the music often has a strong M.O. vibe, but there are other elements present as well, and they're not a slavish copycat band. Glad people are onto these guys, and they've been successful enough to keep things going.

Bill

Utopianisti, with their 5th album. Excellent stuff, just like we were made to expect from the band.

^^^
    indeed, makes me think a few couple of Belgian Afrobeat-funk bands.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

As I am my own distributor I figured I have to do this myself so here is my latest release, released about 3 weeks ago.

Here's one for the modular synth crowd: