Page 4 of 202 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: New Releases Only

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I'm digging this! Is that track representative of the entire album?
    Yes it is, very cool Retro stuff, recomended.

Proud Peasant - Flight

This album has come out of nowhere and blown my mind.

After one listen on Progstreaming, this is an instant purchase (in fact, I was only midway through when I knew I needed it). Grand, quirky, unique, delighful stuff that kept surprising me the whole way through and commanded my attention. I was often reminded of bands such as Gösta Berlings Saga and Wobbler, but they have their own sound overall, which is refreshing. Three long tracks that unfold to a glorious climax... I plan to enjoy many more proper listens on my stereo when the CD arrives! Sure to be in my year-end "Best of 2014" list!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post

Proud Peasant - Flight

This album has come out of nowhere and blown my mind.

After one listen on Progstreaming, this is an instant purchase (in fact, I was only midway through when I knew I needed it). Grand, quirky, unique, delighful stuff that kept surprising me the whole way through and commanded my attention. I was often reminded of bands such as Gösta Berlings Saga and Wobbler, but they have their own sound overall, which is refreshing. Three long tracks that unfold to a glorious climax... I plan to enjoy many more proper listens on my stereo when the CD arrives! Sure to be in my year-end "Best of 2014" list!
    Listening to the first track now. Pretty good.

My first listen of Proud Peasent made me buy it but the second listen made me wonder why I thought it was something I would like...

For some heavier Cynic style music I keep hitting replay for the new Serdce's new disc.

http://blood-music.bandcamp.com/album/timelessness
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!

Dancing-Demos-Cover_1024x1024.jpg

New download album of demos from the Dancing sessions - these are demos I recorded in 2000 and sent to the members of Beer For Dolphins prior to rehearsal. I'd actually forgotten having made these until my manager found them a few months ago!

http://store.keneally.com/products/m...demos-download

release date: TBA
    The Tea Party - The Ocean at the End

1st new record in a decade. Here's the 1st single released this past week.

^^^ Wow! That's a long time coming. I wasn't sure if The Tea Party were known much outside of Canada but perhaps they are.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

"please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    Nice one Walt...I'm sure everyone is going to jump on it too!

best
    Michael
    If it ain't acousmatique-It's crap

Quote Originally Posted by neuroticdog View Post
    Nice one Walt...I'm sure everyone is going to jump on it too!

best
    Michael

Well, Michael, i like to think i have my finger on the pulse of what PE members crave.

Seriously, the cd is amazing listening.
    Last edited by walt; 06-30-2014 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    Well, Michael, i like to think i have my finger on the pulse of what PE members crave.

Seriously, the cd is amazing listening.
    Oh I believe it is...I regret missing the chance to see him a few years ago when he did something in Chicago. The only thing I have by Hammer is "Dynasty Suites" which I listened to about a month ago and loved it!.

best
    Michael
    If it ain't acousmatique-It's crap

Quote Originally Posted by neuroticdog View Post
    Oh I believe it is...I regret missing the chance to see him a few years ago when he did something in Chicago. The only thing I have by Hammer is "Dynasty Suites" which I listened to about a month ago and loved it!.

best
    Michael

Roadless Travel kinda reminds me of Terry Riley's early 60's tape compositions.Kinda psychedelic, in its own way.

Glad you dig it,Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    ^^^ Wow! That's a long time coming. I wasn't sure if The Tea Party were known much outside of Canada but perhaps they are.
    They were in the 90s. Now, I can't think of anyone that misses them... Which is sad, because they were a great rock band.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

The Tea Party's last record was released in 2004 (Seven Circles), so it's not like they've been gone for 20 years.

Check out White Moth Black Butterfly. They are up for one of the rising star awards from Prog Magazine.

Singer is from SkyHarbor and the (again) singer for Tesseract.

Laid back and atmospheric.

Kana Kurose - Keep Me Out
    Senri Kawaguchi - Buena Vista
    Third Rail - Ignition Live Across Europe
    KYO*SEN - Choco-Boo Live DVD
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I know it’s a bit obvious but...has anyone mentioned the new IQ? I don’t know about anyone else, but more than any of their other releases (even the ones actually made in the 80s), this one actually sounds like the result had 80s Genesis decided to make a full-blown prog album.

And The Road of Bones? Does that sound like a contemporary fantasy book title to anyone else?
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post

And The Road of Bones? Does that sound like a contemporary fantasy book title to anyone else?
    I assumed it was Chick Lit.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Cuprum, second album " Brahma Visnu Siva"

https://www.lasercd.com/cd/brahma-visnu-siva

I think this song is original from Flamengo "Kure v hodinkach" (not on new album)
    Last edited by Modry Effekt; 07-01-2014 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mkeneally View Post
    Dancing-Demos-Cover_1024x1024.jpg

New download album of demos from the Dancing sessions - these are demos I recorded in 2000 and sent to the members of Beer For Dolphins prior to rehearsal. I'd actually forgotten having made these until my manager found them a few months ago!

http://store.keneally.com/products/m...demos-download
    Purchase made!

Mike

Jefferson James
    Quote Originally Posted by mkeneally
    New download album of demos from the Dancing sessions
    Looking forward to hearing this, Mike, thank you.

Here's a pre-master sample of the final mix of my band Heliopolis' opening track (the one I have been shamelessly pimping -- from the first rehearsal demos to this sample -- for about a year now), mastering is happening as we speak (type), and the album is coming out later this summer on an as-yet-to-be-announced label.

It's a short (by today's standards) concise album consisting of five songs, three of which could be considered mini-epics (10-14 minute range), one totally off the wall instrumental ("Avant? 'Avant got a clue!"), and a melodic-rock tribute to a long lost friend.

I can't honestly say if you liked (or are even aware of) my old band Mars Hollow, you will like Heliopolis; they are really two different animals, the only similarity being the rhythm section (me on bass and Jerry Beller on drums).

My main goal with music is to keep songs moving, morphing, and progressing while simultaneously retaining some kind of recurring motif or idea; I am generally an impatient listener and long drawn-out repetitive sections drive me bonkers. There are no such sections on this album; rather, we've been pretty anal-retentive in the editing department, tossing out stuff that doesn't either build or otherwise reinforce the forward motion of the songs.

The overall flow and vibe of the album is upbeat, uptempo, and positive; I'd like to think there is a "conceptual" lyrical thread throughout starting with looking forward, to stopping and appreciating the present, to acknowledging and respecting the past, to closing it out with an uplifting message to make the most of what you gots.

Guitars (Mike Matier) and keyboards (Matt Brown) provide the melodic foundation, with a goodly amount of solo spotlights (Hammond organ, various synths, and guitar); I personally think Jerry's drumming is off-the-charts, he really went crazy and our co-engineer and mixer John Prpich got fantastic drum sounds right out of the gate. I do what I do with bass and I personally think this is the most melodic, aggressive and emotional playing I've ever committed to one's and zero's.

We're damned lucky to have stumbled upon a nice vocal blend with four of us being able to sing, so 4-part harmonies are our stock in trade; we're nowhere near a Moon Safari vibe but, to my ears, there's a vague CSN&Y feel to the harmonies.

Then again, I could be stoned.

Our lead singer Scott Jones is a real find, he's got a high and clear voice, great articulation, really hits the notes and delivers the lyrics with passion couched within his own style.

I'm digging the album and I am really looking forward to getting it out, playing some gigs, and writing the next one.

Huge thanks in advance to anyone who chooses to spend 2 minutes checking this sample out, we appreciate it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryKompost View Post
    Here's a pre-master sample of the final mix of my band Heliopolis' opening track
    It sounds very promising, Kerry.

Jefferson James
    Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    It sounds very promising, Kerry.
    That means a lot, thank you so much.

Gotta say, I am over the moon right now, we got 2 of the mastered tracks back yesterday and I am freaking blown away by what Brian Gardner has done with the stuff. I was already digging John Prpich's mixes but, damn, man, the mastered versions just take things to a whole other level....complete, cohesive, dynamic, slamming, breathing, clear, present, and punchy.

Super-excited!

All indications point to this being the best sounding album I have ever been involved with.